Tax Planning & Preparation
Minimize both your current and future tax liabilities.
- Should You Tap Retirement Funds in a Crisis? Increasingly, People Say Yes.
- Atlanta advisor John L Mills Tax Centers of Georgia interviewed in Detroit during 1200 point stock market drop
- New Higher Retirement Plan Contribution Limits for 2017
- IRS Secret Gift to Business Owners
- Why You Should Love Your Stinkers
- The First Major Deadline of the Tax Season is Looming!Many people think of the IRS filing deadline as April 15th. Simple right? In fact, there are deadlines all year long, something different every month. IRS Publication 509 has the outlines, if you want a quick search to look something up. If you are in certain industries, you likely know you have different deadlines; like […]
- Important Tax Code Change for Restaurants and Other BusinessesIt’s hard to keep up with all the tax code changes that have come about due to COVID-19, and of course the change in the White House will bring even more tax code tweaks. A lot of what’s been in the news and talked about are PPP loans, changes to payroll tax rules, deferrals and […]
- Temporary Break For Those With A 2020 Capital Gain!IRS Notice 2021-10, which automatically extends several IRS deadlines, has just been updated again!! How does that benefit you, the taxpayer? Any gain (sale of stock, sale of property etc.) that you created by selling after October 4, 2019 but before October 2, 2020 can still have the taxation delayed by using a “QOZ” or […]
- They Zig, We Zag.People who are worried about the 10 year rule, requiring beneficiaries of inherited IRAs to withdraw the entire balance within 10 years, can double that time with a CRT beneficiary in front of inheritors. What if you really have a big IRA and the 10 year rule just isn’t enough of a stretch to help […]
- The Only Constant is Change (especially taxation)We talk a lot about people not doing tax planning and not spending more time creating the tax outcomes they want. We urge people to understand that it’s within their own control and that tax outcomes can be legally and ethically manipulated. We go on and on about the benefits. BUT…we understand why it’s so […]