Tax Planning & Preparation
Minimize both your current and future tax liabilities.
- Tax Season, Federal Deficit, The Big PictureSome reflection after the push of the 2018 tax season. Not who won and who lost, as that was all over the board. Also speaking of “board”, I’m bored with all the finger pointing and blaming around the new tax rules. Tax policy is fluid and always has been. Like Fed policies and a hundred […]
- 10 Days to Go In 48 States for Tax Filing!Many people this time of year are rushing to try to throw their taxes together. They’re doing so with regret in their heart because they promised themselves last year that they would be in better shape to get their taxes filed on time. Yet, here they are, files here, files there, a general idea of where […]
- Extension Is Not A Four Letter WordWith tax season in full swing and documents from broker/dealers and other investment companies coming out later and later, you can definitely smell the tax “angst” in the air. The amount of pressure that tax offices and their clients seem to be under is palpable. Why is this all happening and what about this is important […]
- If Wishes Were Horses All Beggars Would Ride!Now that we are deep into tax season, it is becoming apparent that when people heard about tax simplification being passed under Trump they didn’t really pay a great deal of attention. I guess the constant headlines of change to everything could have made it hard to focus, but we tax planners had a lot […]
- Its Better To Give To Charity From Your IRA Than It Is To Hand Them Cash!This tax law became permanent but it’s still very underutilized. Many others are as well! I know on first read this probably sounds complicated, but it’s very simple. It’s better to take the income off your tax return than to take the deduction. It’s a win and it’s now permanent. There are numerous other items […]